Helpdesk Software helps increase customer satisfaction, build customer loyalty, improve brand reputation, and save costs whether you are a startup, SME or large enterprise business.
High customer expectations coupled with a competitive market landscape providing excellent customer service and customer relationship management have a significant importance on any company.
Customer service Helpdesk software is important for managing and tracking customer inquiries, onboarding, complaints, and issues. It is used by customer onboarding and service teams to help customers connect for service-related issues and keep track of customer interactions and requests. Helpdesk software typically includes features such as an automated ticketing system, chatbot integration, knowledge management, and communication tools to help customer service teams resolve customer issues efficiently.
The helpdesk software market stood at US$ 10.9 Bn in 2022 and is projected to reach US$ 26.8 Bn by 2032 as per the market research by futuremarketinsights.com
According to a report by MarketsandMarkets, the global help desk software market is expected to grow to $9.78 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 10.8%.
The growth is primarily due to the factors such as the increasing adoption of cloud-based solutions, the growing popularity of AI and Chatbots, and the rising importance of customer experience in the highly competitive world.
Almost all types of businesses and industries are using the Helpdesk software. Here is the list of some of the prominent industries where Helpdesk software is used as a key business driver:
- Technology and software companies
- SAAS companies
- E-commerce and online retail businesses
- Telecommunications and internet service providers
- Financial services firms
- Healthcare organizations
- Government agencies
- Education institutions
- Nonprofit organizations
- Automobile companies
If you are running a business that has a large volume of customer interactions and your offering requires onboarding, handholding and issue resolution, you will immensely benefit from using helpdesk software to streamline your customer service processes and improve efficiency.
Here is comprehensive feature list of helpdesk software:
- Ticketing system: A system for creating, tracking, and managing customer inquiries and issues.
- Multi-channel communication tools: You will need to integrate email, SMS, phone call, chatbot, and other communication channels for customers to create and submit tickets.
- Knowledge management: A system for storing and organizing information and resources that can be used to help resolve customer issues.
- Automated responses: Pre-written responses to common customer inquiries that can be sent to customers automatically.
- Reporting and analytics: Tools for tracking and analyzing customer interactions and data to improve customer service.
- Self-service portals: Websites or portals that allow customers to find answers to common questions and resolve issues on their own.
- Multi-channel support: The ability to handle customer inquiries and issues through multiple channels, such as email, phone, and social media.
- Integration with other systems: The ability to integrate with other software tools, such as CRM or accounting systems, to provide a more complete view of the customer.
- Workflow automation: The ability to automate routine tasks and processes, such as routing tickets to the appropriate team or escalating high-priority issues.
- Customizable dashboards and reports: The ability to create custom dashboards and reports to track key performance metrics and measure the effectiveness of the customer service team.
- Multi-language support: The ability to support customers in multiple languages, either through automated translation or human translation.
- Mobile support: The ability to access the helpdesk software from mobile devices, such as smartphones or tablets.
- Collaboration tools: Tools for team members to collaborate on customer issues, such as chat or video conferencing.
- Gamification: The use of game mechanics, such as points and badges, to motivate customer service team members and improve performance.
- Escalation management: The ability to route high-priority or complex customer issues to the appropriate team or individual for resolution.
- Service level agreement (SLA) tracking: Tools for tracking and measuring the performance of the customer service team against agreed-upon SLAs.
- Customer feedback and ratings: Tools for collecting and analyzing customer feedback and ratings to improve the customer experience.
- Customizable branding: The ability to customize the look and feel of the helpdesk software to match your company’s branding.
- Multi-tenant support: The ability to manage multiple customer accounts or “tenants” within a single instance of the software.
- Integrations with social media platforms: The ability to handle customer inquiries and issues through social media platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Virtual assistant integration: The ability to integrate with virtual assistants, such as Amazon’s Alexa or Google’s Assistant, to provide an additional channel for customer support.
Top Helpdesk Software
Various Helpdesk software solutions are available on the market, and selecting the best one for your needs will depend on its specific needs and requirements. Some of the top help desk software solutions include:
Zendesk: A cloud-based Helpdesk software solution that offers a range of features such as a self-service portal, live chat, and integration with popular customer relationship management (CRM) and productivity tools.
Freshworks: Also a cloud-based Helpdesk software solution that offers a range of features such as multi-channel support, automated workflows, and integration with popular business applications.
SolarWinds:Offers both cloud-based and on-premises Helpdesk software solutions equipped with a range of features such as asset management, change management, and integration with popular IT service management tools.
Jira Service Desk: Jira Service Desk is designed for agile teams and offers a range of features such as automated workflows, service level agreements, and integration with popular development tools.
Intercom: Intercom offers a range of features such as live chat, in-app messaging, and integration with popular CRM and marketing automation tools.
HappyFox:Using Happyfox, you can offer multi-channel support, automated workflows, and integration with popular business applications.
Deskpro: If your business requires strong focus on knowledge management, asset management, and integration with popular CRM and productivity, you can use Deskpro.
Groove:Use Groove to enable live chat, automation, and integration with popular CRM and business applications.
Chatbot and AI for HelpDesk Software
Chatbots automate your Helpdesk using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to simulate conversation with human users, especially over the Internet. Use Chatbots to provide automated customer support and assist with tasks such as answering common questions and routing support requests to the appropriate agent.
There are many chatbot software available on the market that can be integrated into a help desk software system. Some popular chatbot software solutions for help desks include:
- HubSpot Chatbot: The HubSpot CRM and offers a range of features such as lead generation, customer service, and integration with popular messaging platforms.
- MobileMonkey: This chatbot software offers a range of features, such as chatbot templates, conversation flows, and integration with popular messaging platforms.
- ManyChat: Manychat is favoured by many companies for its features, such as chatbot templates, automation, and integration with popular messaging platforms.
- Chatfuel: This chatbot software offers a range of features such as chatbot templates, automation, and integration with popular messaging platforms.
- Botpress: This open-source chatbot software offers a range of features such as natural language processing (NLP), automation, and integration with popular messaging platforms.