Being part of the IT industry for over three decades, I’ve witnessed many hiring professionals struggle to employ the right software developer for any defined position. They find this process challenging for predominantly two reasons:
- Being part of Human Resources, many hiring managers are not well versed with the exact requirements needed from a tech developer for developing a specific Android app.
- There is no ONE document that assists them to simplify the hiring process of a software developer.
This comprehensive and definitive guide describing in detail how to hire an Android developer is the solution to this missing link. This master document is the crux of all my learnings, teachings, experiences, and outcomes over the last three decades – all that’s related to employing the right techie for the development of an Android app.
This definitive guide is designed to help you concisely plan, create precise job descriptions, create ample awareness about the job on hiring channels of various kinds, shortlist candidates in the right manner by asking them the most relevant questions, and picking the candidate most suited for any designated position – junior, mid-level, or senior-level Android developer.
This guide is the culmination of my extensive experience recruiting over 250 software developers and technology professionals, across the globe for various national and international firms.
Why It Matters
The lack of a perfect hiring process, smart strategy, and practical tactics in a highly competitive market makes it difficult to spot and hire the right talent on time. Bad hires cause project delays, bad quality product development, decreased productivity, and a disturbing workplace environment. All these factors turn out to be an expensive affair. This extensive how-to handbook is the answer to all these issues.
Using this guide, you will be able to:
- Plan and design your Android developer recruitment funnel
- Write a compelling job description to attract the most-suited job applicants
- Shortlist the right resumes
- Screen shortlisted candidates through phone screening
- Ask the right questions to the candidates for the designated post (by diving into our bank of over 200 questions and answers)
- Make an offer in the most professional manner
- Close the deal efficiently
- Throughout the hiring process, communicate with candidates effectively
- Lastly, things to avoid (red flags) while recruiting
This is the one-stop solution to how to hire Android developers.